If you are honest, of impeccable reputation, in good health, strong and athletic, resilient and courageous, and ready to serve your country and contribute to its security, becoming a border guard is already a step towards joining their ranks.
After graduating from the Border Guard School, a guaranteed job is provided. The starting salary for an officer is €1,000 per month (after taxes). Travel expenses to work are compensated up to €186 per month.
For those who do not have their own housing, rental subsidies of €280-€755 per month are provided. Education at the Border Guard School is free. Trainees are accommodated in shared dormitory rooms, provided with uniforms, and receive a stipend ranging from €163-€240, depending on academic performance.
Starting from January 22, 2024, introductory training courses for border guards will be organized at the Border Guard School. Individuals with a higher university or non-university degree and a good reputation are invited to choose these training courses and become border guards within 9 weeks.
Relevant information for those with a higher education who want to study at the introductory training courses:
To enroll in the introductory training courses and receive assignments to them, applicants must apply by email to s[email protected] and submit their documents by December 12, 2023.
Once you submit the documents to participate in the selection process, we will send you a health check-up and psychological suitability for internal service at the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ Medical Center’s Central Medical Expertise Commission (CMEK) via the email you provided.
Important! Please register with CMEK (https://cmek.vrm.lt/) immediately and start preparing the necessary medical documents and tests required for the CMEK visit, as the health check-up may take up to a month or longer.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
– Application for issuance and consent (signed, scanned, or photographed) to be checked in state information systems and registers (when necessary, in the information systems of intelligence subjects);
– Completed CV form in MS Word format;
– Document confirming personal identity (scanned or photographed);
– Document confirming higher university or non-university education and its supplements (scanned or photographed);
– Valid certificate or document confirming proficiency in the English language, issued in accordance with the procedure established by the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania by Accredited Persons, entitled to check the language skills of candidates for state officials in English, French, and German (scanned or photographed). (Note: those who want to work at the Vilnius Airport border post must have English language proficiency not lower than A2). The list of Accredited Persons can be found here;
– If the applicant has acquired the right to drive vehicles, a driver’s license confirming the right to drive vehicles of category B (scanned or photographed);
– If the applicant has completed compulsory initial military service or basic military training, documents confirming this (scanned or photographed).
You can find the selection rules here.
You can familiarize yourself with the physical fitness requirements and the procedure for verifying compliance with these requirements here.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
For questions regarding the application and other document submission, please contact +370 609 52 261 or email [email protected].
For questions regarding the organization and logistics of the course curriculum, please call +370 707 48 230 or email [email protected].
– Physical fitness assessment for candidates – January 10, 2024;
– Assessment of candidates’ general abilities and formation of a competitive order – January 11, 2024;
– Publication of lists of selected candidates at the Border Guard School Information Stand, and on the website https://pasienietis.lrv.lt – January 12, 2024;
– Start of the courses at the Border Guard School – January 22, 2024.
Individuals who complete the courses will be employed in the following municipalities in Lithuania: Vilnius district, Šalčininkai district, Ignalina district, Švenčionys district, Druskininkai, and Varėna district.
You can find the rules of the introductory training courses here.