Sidus Space, a renowned aerospace company, has recently made a groundbreaking announcement, unveiling their new multi-material 3D printing division for engineering and advanced manufacturing services. This astounding leap in technology promises to revolutionize the way industries across the board approach manufacturing processes.
In the development of their state-of-the-art LizzieSat satellite, Sidus Space utilized the cutting-edge capabilities of the MarkForged X7 printers and the remarkable OnyxFR-A material. The company is now eagerly extending these unprecedented manufacturing capabilities to their valued customers.
The OnyxFR-A material, fortified with carbon fiber layers, showcases unparalleled strength, surpassing the conventional strength offered by aluminum while remarkably reducing weight. Sidus Space’s multi-material 3D printing division specializes in composite materials such as nylon onyx, onyx FR-A, carbon fiber, fiberglass, and kevlar. Additionally, the company also offers 3D printing services in PLA and TPU materials, catering to a diverse range of manufacturing requirements.
Sidus Space’s CEO and founder, Carol Craig, expressed her enthusiasm regarding this significant milestone, stating, “Expanding our services to include multi-material 3D printing is a natural progression for Sidus Space. We are excited to offer our advanced capabilities to a wider audience, providing innovative solutions for various industries. This strategic move not only showcases our commitment to innovation but also establishes another revenue stream for Sidus Space.”
The introduction of this groundbreak
ing technology raises several important questions. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers based on the information presented in the article:
1. What is Sidus Space’s new announcement?
Sidus Space has unveiled their new multi-material 3D printing division for engineering and advanced manufacturing services. This division promises to revolutionize manufacturing processes.
2. What materials are used in Sidus Space’s multi-material 3D printing division?
Sidus Space specializes in composite materials such as nylon onyx, onyx FR-A, carbon fiber, fiberglass, and kevlar. They also offer 3D printing services in PLA and TPU materials.
3. What is the benefit of using the OnyxFR-A material?
The OnyxFR-A material is fortified with carbon fiber layers, which provides unparalleled strength. It surpasses the conventional strength offered by aluminum while significantly reducing weight.
4. What 3D printers does Sidus Space use in their manufacturing processes?
Sidus Space utilizes the cutting-edge capabilities of the MarkForged X7 printers in their state-of-the-art LizzieSat satellite development.
5. Who is the CEO and founder of Sidus Space?
The CEO and founder of Sidus Space is Carol Craig.
6. How does Sidus Space view the expansion into multi-material 3D printing?
Sidus Space sees the expansion into multi-material 3D printing as a natural progression for the company. It allows them to offer advanced capabilities to a wider audience and provide innovative solutions for various industries. Additionally, it establishes another revenue stream for Sidus Space.
Here are some important terms and jargon used in the article:
– 3D printing: The process of creating a physical object from a digital model by adding material layer by layer.
– Composite materials: Materials made up of two or more different materials combined to create a new material with improved properties.
– Carbon fiber: A strong, lightweight material made of thin fibers composed mostly of carbon atoms.
– PLA: Polylactic acid, a biodegradable thermoplastic derived from renewable resources.
– TPU: Thermoplastic polyurethane, a flexible and durable material often used in 3D printing.
Suggested related link: Sidus Space Official Website