A shocking incident has unfolded in Missouri, as an art teacher, Sarah Scheffer, has been arrested for allegedly attempting to murder her husband by poisoning him. The husband, who had been suffering from unexplained illnesses, reported his symptoms to the police.
According to reports, the husband consumed food and beverages prepared by Scheffer on multiple occasions and noticed a peculiar taste. These encounters resulted in severe symptoms such as fatigue, confusion, and nausea. On January 1, after consuming yet another drink with a strange flavor, the husband confronted Scheffer. Initially, she claimed to have contaminated his beverage with urine, but later admitted to adding an industrial adhesive. However, she later retracted this statement.
Determined to find the truth, the husband decided to install a hidden camera. The footage captured Scheffer in the act of preparing a smoothie, in which she added a root from a bag labeled “lily of the valley.” This plant was familiar to the husband as it was present in their home.
Upon her arrest, Scheffer confessed to the police that she had indeed been adding harmful substances like Lily of The Valley to her husband’s food, fully aware of the potential for illness or even death.
The Lily of The Valley is known to be highly poisonous, containing compounds that can affect heart rhythm and induce various symptoms, including nausea and abdominal pain. Authorities have taken the allegedly poisoned smoothie for further testing at a state laboratory.
Scheffer, who held a position as a design and art teacher at a local high school, has been detained without bond pending further investigation. This disturbing incident serves as a reminder of the potential dangers that can lurk even within our closest relationships.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Sarah Scheffer?
Sarah Scheffer is an art teacher who has been arrested for allegedly attempting to murder her husband.
2. What led to her arrest?
Her husband, who had been experiencing unexplained illnesses, reported his symptoms to the police and suspected foul play.
3. Why did the husband suspect foul play?
The husband noticed a peculiar taste in the food and beverages prepared by Scheffer, which resulted in severe symptoms such as fatigue, confusion, and nausea.
4. When did the husband confront Scheffer about the strange taste?
On January 1, after consuming another drink with a strange flavor, the husband confronted Scheffer about the taste in his beverage.
5. What did Scheffer initially claim she added to his beverage?
Initially, she claimed to have contaminated the drink with urine.
6. What substance did Scheffer admit to adding later on?
Scheffer later admitted to adding an industrial adhesive to the husband’s drink.
7. What did the hidden camera footage reveal?
The footage captured Scheffer adding a root from a bag labeled “lily of the valley” to a smoothie she was preparing.
8. What is the toxicity of Lily of The Valley?
Lily of The Valley is highly poisonous and contains compounds that can affect heart rhythm and induce various symptoms, including nausea and abdominal pain.
9. What action has been taken regarding the smoothie?
Authorities have taken the allegedly poisoned smoothie for further testing at a state laboratory.
10. What is the current status of Sarah Scheffer?
Sarah Scheffer has been detained without bond pending further investigation into the incident.
Key Terms and Definitions
– Unexplained illnesses: Medical conditions or symptoms that do not have a clear or obvious cause.
– Industrial adhesive: A type of glue or adhesive that is used for industrial purposes, such as bonding materials together.
– Lily of The Valley: A highly poisonous plant that contains compounds with toxic effects on the human body, including the ability to affect heart rhythm.